Monday, March 03, 2008

Do You Love

Sometimes it's one of those weeks when Ladyhawke is staying over at my house, and Peaches introduces me to Joel Gibb and Owen Pallett is like "hey, i love your jumper!" and the singer of Deerhoof is doing the crab on the floor backstage after the Maximum Black Festival and Owen joins in and nearly breaks his back and Planningtorock tells me about her dream cottage in San Francisco and I find out from Shane about a bar in Friedrichshain that is a dedicated Big Lebowski establishment!

Ladyhawke showed me her brand new video for "Back of the Van", by the amazing Kinga Burza, who has directed some of the bestest music videos of late, "Foundations" and "Homecoming". "Back of the Van" will get a special release on vinyl with some fantastic cat artwork. I CAN'T WAIT!

We had the first fantastic Expect Excellence party of '08 last Friday, the djs were amazing, and the party pictures that tell all are coming soon : )

Saturday night at Scala we got to dance the last few hours of the night away to a set by OKAY & OKAY. The two girls with feathers in their hair played really stand out tracks, including this amazing Hercules featuring Antony Hegarty and some MSTRKRFT remix that I had never heard before on the All Saints.

I feel really lucky now that I've seen Dirty Projectors twice. Last night just cemented that for me, they played the most stunning set. I got their new record, "Rise Above" and one of their tote bags too : ) Dave Lonstreth, the front man made a nice comment about Berlin, he said something like, when travelling around Europe, he often finds that some cities are a reflection of places back home in the US, but Berlin doesn't really compare to anywhere, it's a "magical fantasyland".

No comments: