Thursday, November 16, 2006

Your Name's Not Down You're Not Coming In

000_1123

In this photo you can see:

One Klaxon, sporting a rather dishy jumper, hairdo and instrument.

Also, just about, is the bicycle helmet of one of the girlz from Robots in Disguise. Yeh i guess the Robots in Disguise girlz were up the front wearing bicycle helmets.

I was supposed to get an interview, photopass, golden ticket to the gig and a slice of cake, but no. It transpired that none of this was going to work out for me. It was really disappointing to not have a chat with them and have to spend money that i don't have at the last minute. I really couldn't afford to get a ticket, my friend Kaffrin was gonna buy me one, and I was reliably informed by two different people that i was on the guestlist. But in the end...well you know the words to the song, innit.

000_1114 000_1131 clip_image002

I couldn't miss the show, and it was bloody worth it to be there. i have the big smile, sore feet, bruises, aching limbs, empty wallet and ringing ears to prove it.

"Magick" is going to do insane things on dancefloors..That wailing guitar and ooh-wee-ee-oooh-wee-ooh in the background and the chanting and the glitter on the snow...It seemed like the people who had been going fucking mental to "Atlantis to Interzone" didn't really know this one too well. Yet? but i did!..thanks to bigstereo. "Not Over Yet" is still my favourite. On the new album?!?!?!?!?!?! Hope so.

OH MY GOSH look what i just found, "Not Over Yet" Mp3.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, that sucks it didn't work out in terms of g-listing and interviews, but it certainly seems like you got yr €s worth in terms of indiellectual rave (excellent phrase coinage!) fun!

Next time you get an e-mail telling you you are on the list, take a picture of the e-mail and show it to dem bitches on the door. That's never failed for me, while guestlists 60% of the time do! grr.

xxxxx

Elizabeth said...

hotstuff Drea came up with "indiellectual" around the time we were thinking up a flyer for when we were thinking of djing together during the summer.

NEXT TIME I WILL BE READY FOR THEM DOOR BITCHES.

XO

shane said...

I was supposed to be on for Tapes n Tapes, but now. I applied for the essex green, but never got a reply, bought a ticket, and then saw the next day that I was on.
By the way, I love indiellectual, please come up with a handy quiz so that I can see if I am one. I think I am, but being and intellectual, I am full of self-doubt, and being indie, it can all be solved with a few witty sentences over the internet.