Monday, November 06, 2006

TEACH ME HOW TO FIGHT

000_0884

Hello. Coming at you from my fancy office chair in the City Slang / Cooperative Music office. Yes! I am the new slave. It is great to be in this fancy office chair, let me tell you. The office is pretty quiet at the moment – the aftermath of CMJ = several empty fancy office chairs. We are listening to the new CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH album. It has “Satan Said Dance” on it!

So. I haven’t updated my weblog in a couple of weeks, but..i have been working behind the scenes you see. On a podcast thing. It was very fun to do this…and slightly horrifying to hear what I sound like. Wiiiiiierd. I’ll leave that one as my practise effort and will get to work on another which, if I don’t sound like an alien hiding under a duvet, I shall post up for you to listen to. Watch this space.

JUNIOR BOYS, Friday night in White Trash..It's just an unsuitable venue sometimes. There seemed to be way too many rude people there who didn’t really know what was going on. So it was a real battle of emotions., being swept away completely by the music to another place, a happy place, while simultaneously fighting the urge to deck the complete tossers who kept pushing and shoving.. Live, J B's heartwrenching disco pop was like a dreamworld of George Michael and Prince slow-dancing, with Frank Sinatra sulking under neon lights. They are so great. It's like a soundtrack to some lost and great '80s movie. They seemed a bit tired, apparently have been braving the tour on a freezing cold tour bus.

It was pretty sad that PLANNINGTOROCK was unable to continue on to America with THE KNIFE. Doctor's orders to cease and desist after inspecting her strained vocal chords means absolutely no singing for the next few weeks. PTR's performance is really vocals heavy, and after playing such a steady stream of shows on three seperate tours for the past few months, its no wonder she's got to give herself a break. Watch out Australia and Japan, she's coming and she will be fighting fit. Check it.

This is her video for so far unreleased song "The Havers". If you think there is something missing, you are right. This doesn't have the main vocals laid down yet. It has become my number one favourite song from the live show, and it might just be on the second album.

...The breakdown at 2.29 makes explosions in my brain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah, you're working with Co-Op? I know enough about Co-Op to know that that is damn cool. Well done! Start getting me into gigs please.