Saturday, January 13, 2007

Before I Put Another Notch in My Lipstick Case...

102_0006

The door bitches got me again. So I missed Peter Bjorn and John last week. It was all sold out, there was a MASSIVE crowd outside, only about 3 people in that crowd had tickets. Maaaaan. I didn't know the guestlist closed at 9pm and there was really no way to get in at the insanely late hour of our arrival of 9.25pm.

OH WELL! IM GOING TO SEE ARCADE FIRE ON 1ST FEBRUARY IN LONDON IN PORCHESTER HALL!

And nobody is going to not let me in. I have a real ticket and everything.

Work this week was very much orientated around the 'Fire. Printing out labels and then packing up promo copies. I even heard the album a few times. The promo copies are all watermarked and numbered for extra precaution against the music getting leaked onto the internet. It's so gorgeous, it's like listening to something that you're not sure is really there. At the beginning of December I was sitting in on a Wednesday morning meeting when their name came up...It has been really surreal to be behind the scenes, some of them anyway. This album is going to SHAKE THE WORLD LIKE A SNOW GLOBE.

Girl Talk Remixes Are Hot!

1. Peter Bjorn + John, "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off". Girl Talk Remix. I am a sucker for kettle drums.

2. Grizzly Bear, "The Knife" Girl Talk Remix. I sort of like this alot, but i would love it it more if he wasn't all "wamp wamp". It's priceless from about 2.12secs. "...we could have never thought of it and finally we can dance to our own music! Haha" Ed Droste, probably.

FEB 16 LESLIE AND THE LYS AT WHITE TRASH, BERLIN

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've heard NEON BIBLE!!!!

wow.

I am really jealous!

I've heard three of the songs, have stopped myself from downloading the other leaks. I want to wait to listen to it as a full album...
ahh!

shane said...

I thought you worked with co-op... oh yeah they work with city slang too! Do you want to send me a copy of the album? I might be getting one from the us but it could be a while...

by the way, I'm jealous.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, Coop and City Slang are in cahoots. Yo. Shane I will definitely be in touch if it's possible, i don't have a copy of my own yet.

shane said...

Wow, I wasn't really serious, but hey cool!

Unknown said...

That really sucks that you didn't get in to PB&J. The Arcade Fire tickets are in our house, under locked-guard. Nothing will get between us and Arcade Fire. I'm sooooooooooo excited.

x

Johan H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.