Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Edie Sedgwick, Anna Karina, Arlene Dahl.

UDK-PARTY..


There are alot of good things on this week: the UDK university is having a BIG MAD PARTY on Friday night. My friend signed us up to be the "indie" djs. We have a room all to ourselves for the night, and it's quite a beautiful room. AND the party is not just for grotty students. So please come out and dance!

I guess cassette-flyers are de rigeur. i made a flyer up like this only last week...Look closely because everything you need to know is ON THE FLYER.

This Saturday night i'm djing at Dr Pong:

almost tropical2

Beat that, UDK.

KLAXONS just came on the radio!..On radio eins!. Swit Swoo. And there's..extra bits in "Gravity's Rainbow". Scratchy, whiny, excellent bits.

That was exciting.

Also exciting, and a bit troublesome are the upcoming gigs over the next few days. FRIEDA HYVOENEN and LOVE IS ALL are both playing here on Sunday night. I would love to check out Privatclub, I've never been to a gig there. But I think I've been looking forward to the latter for a bit longer. Which means another stuffy, smoky, shove-y night in Magnet.

Monday poses another dilemma. i didn't realise it 'til just now but THE THERMALS and LONG BLONDES are in town playing the same night.

Oh, bugger. Not only will i be totally knackered after the weekend, i will have to make decisions. Hate dah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm visiting friends in Berlin this weekend... so I might just have a look...

Love Is All / Thermals for me :)

Anonymous said...

I'm visiting friends in Berlin this weekend... so I might just have a look...

Love Is All / Thermals for me :)

shane said...

No, my one is a christmas party, but it won't be djing, I think it's everyone involved brings their stuff and someone has a laptop...

I'm thinking of Frank and Walters in Magnet on Saturday night... not sure about Love is All or the others... can't afford too much and not bothered to ask!