Sunday, December 10, 2006

All I Wanna Do Is Ride Bikes With You, And Stay Up Late and Watch Cartoons

000_1169
Keep an eye on Wears the Trousers for Robbie's sexy interview with Planningtorock.

..who is playing here on 21 Dec in Rio by the way.

Last night at Dr Pong was wheely great. Apparently yesterday there was a bicycle race in Berlin. There was a bicycle-dude get together after party thing at the bar, so there was an especially invented for the occasion PUNCH for all the bicycle dudes to get drunk on...which they certainly did! Get drunk AND punch. Well, nearly. I was a bit scared of them sometimes. But then they would dance to Cansei de Ser Sexy, or make a "wish" for Whitney Houston, "only one of the good ones, from the 80s."

I hope that everyone is going to see "Little Miss Sunshine". If you are in the mood to go and watch a really good film at the cinema, I highly recommend it.

We had our own smoke machine button at the UDK party on Friday.

My neighbour is so cool. He has fashioned some pretend snowballs so it looks like someone has just splatted his door with two snowballs! HA! I went to the flea market today, and now have my first christmas decoration: a shooting star light. It's small, but fiery. It practically lights up my whole place.

In Ireland, if someone is very, very good looking we say they are "a ride".

9 comments:

dick clinch said...

It is kitch, yes, but it puts me in the Christmas spirt.

Unknown said...

Which flea market? Are there more? We have no Christmas decorations. :(

Elizabeth said...

Boxhagener Platz in Friedrichshain - have you been to it already? It's ace. It's on every Sunday, I usually start at the corner of Gabriel Marx Str and Grunberger Str. (the market doesn't even touch Boxhagener Str...). i didn't see alot of decorations, but im sure you could find some. The lady I got the star from was a bit of an ogre though.

Unknown said...

It's an absolutely beautiful decoration. I once saw a real shooting star in the sky above Berlin!

Hope you're well!

xxx

Elizabeth said...

I was just thinking about you! i wanted to send you a message to say goodnight, and I hope YOU are well. XO

shane said...

Ah, old Boxi! I know it well. I bought my girlfriend a children's book there, but it's all dark and sweary and stuff. I've found some great books there myself, but I prefer the markets at ostbahnhof or humboldt. Oh, someone at boxi has jj72 for 4e. It's near us actually, just over f allee. Anyway, I must find cheap decorations this week.

I do love Sundays in Berlin!

Elizabeth said...

Oooh, i didn't know about those markets. Wherebouts exactly are they in Ostbahnhof and Humboldt?

ssp said...

liked the music... and love the moldy peaches :)

shane said...

Well, the one in front of humboldt - the main entrance near the museum on unter den linden - is all books, but it's really cool, different languages and loads of stuff to appeal to history students like me.
The ones at Ostbahnhof (at the Strasse der Pariser Commune exit) and Friedrichstrasse (somewhere along the line, a bit of a walk towards Hackescher Markt) are old things like records, books, toys, pottery and other stuff - real traders, a bit different to boxi. These are on Sundays, and i think there's one in Potsdamer Platz too.

Phew!