Tuesday, October 03, 2006

10 Days of Perfect Tunes

It's been a strange week. A mosquito bit me on the eye. My drink got spiked.

But never mind that. I'm going on tour with Planningtorock and the Knife!

on Friday PTR will play with Die Goldenen Zitronen in the Postbahnhof. Then it's Hamburg for the last night of that tour.
Then Brussels for the last date of Planningtorock playing on the Peaches tour. I'm so happy i get to work at the another Peaches show, she is an amazing lady and I had such an amazing time during that week I was on the road last month.

Woo hoo!

The dates for the Planningtorock + the Knife shows on their European tour ARE:

Oct 10 MAGAZZINI GENERALI MILAN
Oct 13 E-WERK COLOGNE
Oct 14 THE FORUM London
Oct 15 PARADISO AMSTERDAM
Oct 16 VEGA COPENHAGEN
Oct 17 VEGA COPENHAGEN

PTR is also opening for them on the dates they are playing in the US. (unfortunately i won't be going that far)

Nov 1 WEBSTER HALL (tbc) NEW YORK
Nov 3 MEZZANINE (tbc) San Francisco
Nov 4 EL RAY THEATER (tbc) LA

To celebrate, here is one of the songs from Planningtorock's new release, "Have it All Stringed Up". it's an absolutely beautiful EP of a selection of string versions of songs from the album. Viola, cello and contra bass. The vocals are different too.

"Think That Thought" from Have it All Stringed Up EP - Planningtorock

Any recommendations for fun things to do in Copenhagen? It will be nice to actually have some free time there. I CANT WAIT!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so exciting thinking of you on tour with the Knife...I've been listening to them non-stop recently. Their shows are going to be IMMENSE. PTR's stringed up EP sounds excellent. Will you be selling it at the merch booth on tour?!?!

xxx

Elizabeth said...

Yes! It is my favourite thing to sell. I feel like it's my baby. Well it's PTR's baby. but I did alot of babysitting!

I can't wait to see you!!!! I'm not sure if London is ready for what's gonna hit it next Saturday (and i'm not even talking about me, har har)