Sunday, September 24, 2006

Are You the Juan?

I got home on Friday night from a week spent on tour with Planningtorock.

Planningtorock is opening for Peaches during her European jaunt this September/October.

Planningtorock is also opening for the Knife on their selection of European dates and also IN AMERICA!

Shows, shows, shows, road trips, too much whiskey. backstage, hotel bar, tour bus..when i get around to figuring out how to explain it, i will.

Check it out.

Anyways, on Friday night, after an 8 hour car trip from Munich totally squashed into a Renault with 4 complete strangers, the only thing i wanted to do was get on my bike and cycle to Rio to catch the Presets playing a show as part of the Gigolo records night.

By some nice good luck, i bumped into Peaches boyfriend at the door and he waved me in. He had accompanied his lovely girlfriend earlier that week for some of her "business trip". It was really nice of him to do that. Yay.

Rio was teaming. I gulped down a leitungswasser after my speedy bike ride and stood around. I might have looked a bit odd. My friends couldnt make it at the last minute and there was some baaaad music on that everyone was dancing to. I didn't reall care though, I just wanted to see the band!

Which was good because they came onstage pretty soon. The Presetsin all their glory ARE REALLY REALLY GREAT AND THEY DO THIS ELECTRO/LIVE PERFORMANCE THING THAT
DRIVES
ME
CRAZY

and every one else too.

Drums that will knock your socks off and dance-antics that will make you giddy like when you had too much ice-cream in your coke that one time at your best friend's 9th birthday party in 1991. REMEMBER THOSE GOOD TIMES?!

All to be repeated THIS FRIDAY in bleughMAGNETbleugh where im sure nowt of the atmosphere, but as much, if not more of the sweat will be present. I'm gettin' up the front. I don't want to miss the chance to witness Kim's fancy A$$ drumming one more time.

During the show they morphed one of their songs into a Daft Punk tune from Homework. It was genius. And they finished us off with "I Go Hard I Go Home"

I'm reposting this video BECAUSE I HAVE TO.

No comments: