Thursday, June 08, 2006

Attack! Attack! Attack!

Oooh, Black Wire are dead sexah.

Bild 016

on May 21st last they came back to Berlin to play a very hot and sweaty gig in Knaack. People were going a bit mental, dancing like mad and jumping onstage. Dan opened the show by dangling a carrot over the edge of the stage. He wanted to give it away but there were no takers.The three members of this band are so different on stage, its incredibly entertaining to watch them all. Si's brooding, tall frame hulking at the side of the stage as he battled intensely through each song. I had expected Tom to be a live wire but he is so calm and collected. Once or twice he'd approach the microphone to tell us a little story. Like, "Last time we were here, right, this girl threw her bra at me, but I didn't know what to do so I took off my shoe...I think she was offended." Dan is like a cross between Mick Jagger and Jarvis Cocker, bopping around the stage swinging his skinny hips and doing PANTHER GYMNASTICS! No really, I will treasure for a long time the image of him, in his skinny jeans and a sweat soaked tee doing jumping jacks and forward lunges. Sometimes he perched himself on the edge of the stage during the show, and he would be only about a foot away. Though he looked tired and told us so aswell, "just so you know, im going to drop dead right after this show", he had a forcefield around him and it rooted me to the spot, I couldnt dance or take pictures. So, when i wasnt being held captive by the forcefield I was trying to make up for it and dance and take pictures at the same time. It didnt really work and I wasnt the best dancer and my pictures dont really capture any of the magic moments. Except the one when Si grabbed a drum and started banging on it in the middle of a song.

Bild 014

"Hard to Love" inspired absolute frenzy, 1950s teen-ager style. Two boys rampaged the stage and danced around, breaking through Dan's forcefield to embrace him in a manly rock superstar hug. Black Wire are alot of fun to see, I can't wait til next time. I tried to buy the album yesterday but it was SOLD OUT!.

No comments: