Saturday, December 20, 2008

FASCINATION



Time to dust of ye olde blog. I've been blessed with a two week holiday for the christmas time and I am very excited to go home to Ireland and revel in the recession.

Tomorrow i have an afternoon flight so I am just packing at the moment (3.22am), the only things i have to pack are DIRTY CLOTHES. One of my favourite things to do is laundry, but I guess I haven't been indulging myself lately. I almost turned the washing machine on just there, but it IS the middle of the night, so I guess i'll wait til tomorrow. I'm making some mix cds to give as prezzles and one song I'm so excited to sneak on there is the Friendly Fires cover of Lykke Li's "I'm Good I'm Gone". Good job Friendly Fires! Achtung! They are playing in Berlin on March 7th in Bang Bang Club (that's a link).

How exciting about this new venue "Live at Dot" that has popped up in Kreuzberg?! There is an excellent burger eaterie at Schlesisches tor where good looking boys cook amazing burgers and chili fries. I went to visit them today to procure a cure for my hangover of doom, and in the display thing for flyers there was a set of cute looking flyers made on COFFEE FILTERS! NEAT! The information was stamped on and a little star was punched out. I was well impressed. I'm pencilling in the Sebastien Grainger date on Febuary 16th 2009. OH they're having a DFA label night with YACHT!!!!! (that's a link) 27th December, I'm not here but if you are you should go! Holy Ghost will dj and Moon Unit will also play.

Back to Sebastien Grangier (see photo). Did you know that Sebastian is one half of DFA 1979? And writes a food blog, Sebastien is delicious as well as being blessed with a voice of a hot guy in a band? Oh i just looked over at it and he hasnt updated it since August. But his last post does have a rather large paragraph dedicated to burgers. Yo Sebastien lets eat burgers when you're in town!

Hey this was fun. x

1 comment:

Andrea said...

d'oh! i'm not back in berlin until the 28th. oh well...live at dot sounds so cool though. yay for new non-kkk venues!

p.s. all i want for christmas is a *** in a--i mean--the friendly fires cover of lykke li.