Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hey You're Blocking My Way to the Dancefloor, and You're Just Standing There Talking Shit About Me and My Friends

If only Shitdisco would roll in the door at 4am every time i was dj-ing! Dr Pong was even a place they had wanted to check out last time they were in Berlin. "We heard about it man...Surreal.." We like the same songs. Included in Darren and Joe's set were: the Passions mixxxx of "Homecoming" by the Teenagers; the nasty but so nice Princess Superstar v Mason on "Perfect Exceeder"; and the excellent Soulwax mix of "Gravity's Rainbow". Also "Pump Up the Jam" by Technotronic and Blur's "Girls and Boys". There's a little lamp that Joe switched on and off really fast, for that extra special disco effect.

Darren took some video footage, for a tour diary extravaganza which apparently will be shown on Transmission on Channel 4 in the UK. If anyone watches it, record it for them, they are sad to hand over (and probably not get back) all the tapes of their fun times on tour.

I have no idea about their gig other than the happy nods they gave me when I asked about how it went. I do know it was a Melt showcase night thing. (Melt Festival 13-15 July: Dizzee Rascal, Final Fantasy, Erase Errata, Hot Chip, I'm from Barcelona, Snap! (seriously!) the Horrors, Simian Mobile Disco..). My friend Thomas told me not to look at the message-board on the Melt website, as people were dissing my shitty flyer. "SHE MADE IT WITH PAINT LOL!!", or something like that in German. Shitdisco had posted the first one I made in a myspace bulletin, unfortunately. It's not exactly one of my best worx. I like the 2nd though. With the dancing couple. (Neither were created using Paint..!). We took some fun photos and videos during the night, I will post them soon!

Erase Errata are playing in Bastard tonight and A Hawk and a Hacksaw in NBI this Thursday..also that same night Sondre Lerche in Muddclub.

A Hawk and a Hacksaw myspace

And, i know this is only a myspace link, and this song is over 2 years old, but who can resist a nice little ditty like this with "boat race" being happily exclaimed in most excellent British accents? Boat race, boat race!

No comments: