Saturday, April 07, 2007

Je Revois la Ville en Fête et en Délire

I didn't realise that landing a job would be so exciting. But, it is! I haven't been this excited since I was 12 years old and at Irish college for the first time. Seriously. This guy Philip, with an undercut and a Sepultura t-shirt thought I was 16 so asked me to "shift him on the way home". Henceforth we were inseparable. I grilled him about obscure* indie bands and he said "no" alot.

" do you know Gene?"
"no"
" do you know Pulp?"
"no"
"do you know Elastica?"
"no"
"do you know.."
"frustrated-what-have-i-let-myself-in-for-sigh".

but i was just so excited, i didnt know what to do! my first boyfriend! wittering about music is a great fallback. i just hope i don't arrive into the office next Tuesday badgering my new co-workers about bands.

*obscure in the 12 year old girls from Ireland set anyway. rih?

It's basically a platform for crafty people to sell their fancy goods. I have a had a great year working un/underpaid internships for Planningtorock and City Slang, but despite the tremendous fun, I didn't have much bread on the table. And now I got a really nice job. I'm so excited!

British Music Week is coming up soon!

April 10-30 in venues across Berlin.

Pencil me in for Lady Sovereign at 103 Club on Sat 21st April; Shakes on 22nd April in Magnet [with the Magdelenas and Olympus Mons] and the Horrors on 24th April [with the Voom Blooms].

Not really part of BMW, but noteworthy nonetheless Shit Disco are coming back to make your disco blood boil. May 18 we shall be having a reactor party at Magnet. Watch out cos I know Kung Fu, OK?

Their latest video is very good:



Last night at Eel Pie was most excellent. Katja Hentschel graced us with her presence, and her big ass camera. I'm setting up a new website dedicated to the Expect Excellence party. Katja's snaps coming soon.

3 comments:

shane said...

congratulations! I hope you enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Time to crack open the Plus branded Sekt and celebrate! I'm so happy for you - gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Lots of lovvvvvvvvve,

xxx

Elizabeth said...

Yep! I've hit the bigtime now! Part-time freelance work, awoohoo!